Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Soul Cravings

One of my goals for this year is to read at least 12 books. I know for some, this might seem like a small goal, but for me this will be a struggle. I am not one for reading; however, I live my life trying to get 1% better everyday. I think by accomplishing this goal, it will be just one step in continuing to get better.

I just completed my first book this year, SoulCravings by Erwin McManus. He is the “lead pastor and Cultural Architect of Mosaic in Los Angeles.” This book is subtitled, “An Exploration of The Human Spirit” and it does just that. The book covers intimacy, destiny, and meaning. Below are things that stuck out to me as I was reading and I thought I would share.

Intimacy:
We are driven by love, driven to love, and even driven from love.

Destiny:
We are most alive when we passionately pursue our dreams, live with purpose, and have a sense of destiny.

We may not be able to accomplish everything we can dream, but we will not accomplish anything without dreams.

Meaning:
Whatever we conclude is true comes to us through a process that is informed both by our experiences and by our perceptions.

Our search for truth is deeply personal.

Truth is about trust.

Seek:
You are on a journey of the human spirit.

Your soul craves to connect, to commune, to create.

The one matters to God.

No comments: